RE: How to delete object?!

-----Original Message-----
From: gtk-app-devel-list-admin gnome org
[mailto:gtk-app-devel-list-admin gnome org]On Behalf Of Iain
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 6:12 PM
To: Dmitry Ponomaryov
Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: How to delete object?!

      But as I say - _true_ delete routine fails(I temporary replace it
with
      "gtk_widget_destroy"), so: when we get into "else" gialog is not
NULL, but
      it can't be neither showed ("gtk_widget_show" dump core) nor raise
     ("gdk_window_raise" dump core) since it's deleted with
         "gtk_widget_destroy",
      which is not _true_ delete function.

The problem is that  the gtk_widget_destroy is destroying the dialog,
but the static variable is never beening set back to NULL,
  Why? (I mean: why "gtk_widget_destroy" destroys the dialog and does _not_
  set _static_ variable to NULL?)

What you need to do is...
[skip]
   Yes! It works fine; thank you!

   But I still have some questions (can you explain me, plz):
        1. I get error mesage on signal "destroyed" (something like
         "Gtk dialog class ... has no  "destroyed" ... signal(event)
           so replace it with "destroy".
         [all works fine (as I already sayed) ]

        2. I can't find description of "gtk_widget_destroyed" - what does
           this function (and when I must/should use it)?