Re: Button background in GTK_RELIEF_NONE

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001 01:06:30 +0100, Carlos Pereira said:

 > > > 2) How can I actually create a window, with a bunch of labels with differen
 > > > background colors? Is there any container that actually render a background
 > > > other than the one that I listed above?
 > >

 > >  GtkEventBox.
 > >
 > >  Havoc
 >
 >hrm.. you don't happen to know the answer for 2) ? :))

 Actually that is the answer for 2),
 labels don't have a X Window, so you
 cannot change the background directly,

 the general way of doing that, is to use a GtkEventBox,
 which does nothing, the only job it provides is the
 X window that you need to draw the background color.

 Carlos

Cool, it works :)

hrm.. maybe the description of gtk_even_box_new() could add something about
that, or maybe add this to the actual faq? since it's already in there but only
says use another thing, maybe adding a tip to try with this widget would help
some ppl out :)
--
bandai kaosu jikuu :)
EKS - Dave Poirier