Setting GtkEventBox Background Color

Here's a description of the problem:

http://www.ece.udel.edu/~bjm/eventbox.gif

See the down and right triangles? They have a grey background.
They're transparent, which is why we see grey .  Packed those labels
(for the group titles) in a GtkEventBox (which is why GtkTree forces
the pixmaps to be in)  They have grey too.  I want it to match the
GtkTree's white-colour, though, without forcing the BG to be white.
Unfortunately, it seems that GtkEventBox likes to be grey.

TIA,
Jim
--
Jim Seymour                  | PGP Public Key available at:
jseymour LinxNet com         | http://www.uk.pgp.net/pgpnet/pks-commands.html