Re: Displaying only some rows in a GtkListStore

Keith Sharp <keith sharp cisco com> writes:

Hello,

My application has a GtkListStore with two columns, both G_TYPE_STRING.
The GtkListStore is displayed using a GtkTreeView widget.

What I want to do is only display rows in the GtkListStore where the
string value in column one matches a particular string, ie show only
rows where value in column one == "keith".

I'm thinking along the lines of creating a second GtkListStore and
copying rows that match into the second GtkListStore and displaying only
that data, but this strikes me as very inefficient.  Does anyone have
any better ideas?

There's a filter model in libegg.  It's not well tested, so might have
to debug it some.  Beyond that, you'd have to keep multiple models
around.

-Jonathan