gnome-print example or tutorial?

Hello,

Is there good example code for gnome-print or a tutorial somewhere? It seems difficult to figure out without a background in publishing and my limited programming experience. If someone has any example code or knows where to look for good example code, I would appreciate taking a look so that I can learn how to use it properly. I have read through the headers and tried looking at sodipodi as an example, but so far haven't been able to figure out how to actually do anything with gnome-print. I really need to get columns etc. setup. Thanks.

Randy Hess