Re: Please, Give me advise about my first line draw program.

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 02:41:30PM -0700, Paolo Costabel wrote:
GtkDrawingArea is a widget. You can't just draw directly into it.
Instead, you have to provide a callback for expose events. Tis will be
called
I'm beginner in callback. It saw from JSP, MFC. But, C callback is not
familiar to me.
Becase I do not know regarding the house well, glade is still not suitably to me. Besides, I spend too many
time understanding English Manual. English is foreign langauage.
expose event? uhm, I see. I'll study more about this.
every time the widget needs refreshing.
I see.
I have attached a modified version that works.
Thanks. It works.
However, in general you will want to use a back buffer pixmap for your
drawing operations
and copy it in the drawing area inside the expose callback. See
scribble-simple in
the example directory of gtk source tree.
I don't see gtk source yet. I'll look up.

Thank you,
Donggyoo Lee