Re: Kill gthreads

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 03:56:00PM +0200, Johan wrote:
Is it impossible to kill the g-thread? If it is, do
anyone have a better way to solve the dns lookup?

man pthread_kill

Last I looked, this wasn't implemented on *BSD, though.

I'd say the forking solution presented elsewhere is a
better idea, because in either case when you port to
Windows you'll need to use the Windows threading functions.
(Or does glib abstract around it now?)

Otherwise, there are asynchronous DNS libraries around.
Look at http://gnetlibrary.org for one that's designed
around glib.

--
      Evan Martin