Writing Non-Trivial Programs

Hello,

I am a newbie GTK+ user. I have gone through the tutorial, and fell I
have a pretty good handle on the basics.

But I am having trouble figuring out how to design and write larger
programs. Some googling has pointed me to the Model-View-Controller
paradigm for structuring GUI programs, but I have been unable to find
much detailed discussion on how to implement it.

If anyone could point me to a website, book or maybe even some programs
that would help me to understand the design of GUI programs I would be
grateful.

Thanks,
Rick