RE: Just a few UTF8 questions...

So if you stick to plain English, your ASCII strings will
automatically be
valid UTF8, too.

The reason I ask is that my application is being used with languages like
russian and god knows what else.  Up until now I have stuck to english and
it hasnt been a problem, but now it is.

If you had written:

  str = g_strdup_printf("Rødgrød med fløde"); /* phrase used by Danes to
tease foreigners */

it wouldn't be.

If you wanted to put this string into a GtkTextView (or use it with anything
in GTK) how would you do it then if it wasn't valid UFT8?

Regards,
Martyn