GTK+2.0 image widget (bmp, jpeg)

hey,
    I am developing an application with frontend in
GTK+2.0. I need to use images in this application. I
learnt most of gtk from the tutorials avialable at
Gtk.org but that didn't have any explaination on
images. only small amount of info on Xpm images were
given but i need to use bmp and jpeg images.
    Please indicate some tutorials or send some
examples (easy ones) so that i can proceed with my
development. please help so that i can proceed with my
dev work

ritwik