DOS box

Alf C Stockton writes:
I seem to have missed something for I can only run my GTK+
application from a DOS box on my Windows XP box.

Although you say it in a confusing way, I guess that your problem is
that you have built your application as a console application, which
always has a console window. If started from Explorer, it opens a new
console window. Use the -mwindows flag to create a GUI application
instead. (But then you will have to supply a WinMain() function
instead of a main() function.)

What have I missed?

That (MS-)DOS has nothing do with this.

--tml