Re: To libglade or not to libglade

Hello,

I have a very strong opinion concerning this matter, so I hope
nobody will be offended here :0(

Any software that has a graphical user interface of substantial size
and doesn't use XML at runtime to build the GUI is either something
of the past or it's written by someone really stubborn to progressive
change and productive programming techinques.

I'm not wasting my CPU cycles compiling code for something like a GUI,
which really doesn't require them. I'll use my compile time cycles and my
programming skill for the real work that needs to be done, not to lay out
widgets, for goodness' sakes.

Developers, time to grow up. If you're not hacking the GTK+ library itself
or designing fancy new widget based on entirely new primitives that cannot
be built with what's already there, then use libglade.

Read my lips: use libglade.

Regards,

Neil

(anyone seen my post about gcc running out of memory trying to compile my
libglade C output, in roughly 30 minutes, and then I used libglade directly and
the GUI was there in 8 seconds?) Think about it, not using something like
libglade for the GUI is plain retarded and anal, and boring.