Re: GtkTreeView with huge amount of rows; dynamic data source?

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 11:10, Maciej Katafiasz wrote:
Dnia 13-01-2005, czw o godzinie 10:46 -0600, Greg Breland napisał:
I don't think there is a simple way to determine how many rows a

(just to nitpick, it's TreeView doing display, not liststore)

I throw terms around with abandon don't I.

One possible (if slightly hacky) solution I see here is to implement
dummy cellrenderer (let's call it FetchRenderer) whose only purpose
would be to mark currently displayed rows (ie, when your FetchRenderer
is asked to render(), all it does is fetch appropriate rows from
database).

Glad to hear this suggestion.  I mentioned the same idea in another
email, but it was a total guess based on little information.  You
suggesting it independently of my email leads me to believe that there
is some merit to the approach and worth looking into.