GtkComboBox aesthetics

Hi all.

Alongside an entry box, I have put a GtkComboBox which allows the user to
select the unit corresponding to the value in the entry.

Now, for some reason, GtkComboBox by default uses a height of 32-odd
pixels, while an entry has only 23 or so. This makes for a very ugly
combination... Strangely, a GtkComboBoxEntry does have the same height as
the normal entry, but I don't want to permit editing...

If I change the height of the GtkComboBox, the text become unreadable
(it disappears downwards). Apart from the fact that I don't like making
the height fixed.

I also tried to play with the 'border-width' property, but I don't see
any difference.

TIA,
John