Help, How to use GLib's Lexical Scanner??

Hi,
  My question is, there is a  file, I want to get some lines from it.
Before these lines, there are some multi line comments, which include the
key words I need to search in the file.
  For example, the content of the file may like below:

 /*************************************************************
  * progress-bar
 (
  some statements
 )

  I need to search the string "* progress-bar" in the file,  get the line
number of it, then get the statements between '(' and ')'. One method is to
use Lex, I find the GLib provide a Lexical Scanner, but I don't know how to
use it, can anybody give me an example of how to implement the function I
have mentioned? Thanks.