Draw widgets to a GdkDrawable/GdkPixbuf i nstead of screen

Hi,

  I want to draw some interested widgets to a
GdkDrawable/GdkPixbuf for later use (e.g., printing preview,
transparent, screenshot ...). How can I achieve this goal?

  I tried to follow things gdk did for double-buffering
(gdk_window_begin_paint_region and gdk_window_end_paint), but it didn't
work correctly. I am a jackaroo of GTK+. Who can kindly give me some
suggestion?

Thanks

Todd