Re: Image Loading Problem on Windows Box

Hi all,

Quoting "David Ne?as (Yeti)" <yeti physics muni cz>:

For start, have you tried to pass a GError to
gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file() and look at the error you get?

Yeti

I eventually got round to doing this today. It's a very simple thing which I probably should have done earlier! The resulting error message said that it could not find the appropriate image loader. I had tried putting the loader directly in C:\Windows\System, but it had to go in C:\Windows\System\lib\gtk-2.0\2.10.0\loaders.

Anyway, I put it in the required location, and when I ran the program it said it jpeg62.dll was missing. So I put that in C:\WIndows\System and it worked!

Someone else had mentioned that the compiler shouldn't matter. I can confirm that the compiler I was using (Microsoft's cl) produces a working executable, as does the one used by Visual Studio 2005 (which may also be cl...).

Thanks for everyone's help.