Re: Adding Text to a widget from a button_press_event Or Pop Up window from a time event.

Hi,

I don't think this kind of widget exists as such.
Tracking the cursor position by constantly writing the coordinates in a
Label or such would be (I think) more user-friendly than having a popup
If you want the coordinates to stay the same for a while (eg. for a
copy/paste), you could have a second Label/Entry/etc updated on clicking the
area (just an idea)

Setting up a simple label would be as easy as connecting the mouse motion
signal to a function that would in turn update the text in the Label
If you're using gtkmm, you'll probably be better off subclassing Label by
your own CursorTrackingLabel, which would include that function as a slot

Hope this helps,
Jonathan