Re: no "File", "Edit, "Help" strings in upper left

On 2012.01.29 17:36, Gary Kline wrote:
[snip...]
        it may be hthat ubuntu is moving toward gtk-3.0   and
        dropping the older releases.  {?}
Perhaps, but I can't imagine this has anything directly to do with Unity or missing menu items. If, indeed, the problem is that Unity is "stealing" your menu bar, you can test by un-maximizing the app. In my experience, once you do that, the app main window gets back its title bar and menu bar, as well as the expected window manager stuff in the upper right and left corners.