Re: Cullng drawing depending on visibility events

Hi,

Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> writes:

> So I wrote a quick patch to make the drawing functions not do anything
> if windows are fully obscured.

shouldn't windows who are fully obscured not get any expose events at
all? Any sane application that only redraws itself in response of an
expose event shouldn't have this problem anyway. For generated expose
events (from timers etc.), it might make sense to delay the event
until the window becomes visible again. Doing this in the drawing
functions seems to be the wrong place, or did I miss something ?

Salut, Sven