Re: Comments on 95362 (tree dnd) patch

Kristian Rietveld schrieb:
On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 02:31, Owen Taylor wrote:

Yes, this leaves tree DND pretty much broken until we
get 2.4.0 out ... well, more incentive to get 2.4.0 soon. :-)

_Any_ idea on when 2.4.0 is going to be released? If it would take at least another five months I clearly vote for a backport.

I ran into the problem this night and first thought it an application error then realized that the code is disfunctional in the 2.2 branch.

I simply want to use tree DND in my application and directing users to development snapshots is no fun (they did not like to replace 2.0 by hand, first time). [Needing a windows binary makes it even worse though we ship the dll]

It's possible if we get this into HEAD and it works well
for a while, we can consider a backport for 2.2.4.

I would vote for it as working well ;-)

   Christof