Re: gtk-doc

Eric Lemings <eric b lemings lmco com> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> This may sound a little ludicrous and has probably been asked before but
> has anyone considered modelling gtk-doc after javadoc or making it
> compatible with javadoc?  I'm just asking because the features of
> javadoc and documentation generated by it are way ahead of gtk-doc.

javadoc is, of course, java-specific.

gtk-doc is GTK+ specific.

The inline documentation comment format of gtk-doc is in fact
somewhat modelled after javadoc, but compatibility seems impossible
due to the fact that they are doing different things.

Do you have specific suggestions for how you think that the
documentation produced by gtk-doc could be improved?

(The only real advantage I can think of for javadoc is the ability to
have have navigation frames.)

Regards,
                                        Owen