Re: addition of docbook entry id to index.sgml

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 07:30, Stefan Kost wrote:
> hi hi,
>
> I don't know in which phase the index.sgml is build, but shouldn't it include
> the ANCHORS to chapter and sections with an 'id' so that gtkdoc-fixxref can
> handle these too.
>
> As an example - I have a baselib that has a <chapter id="conventions">...</chapter>
> I would like to reference this from other docs as well.

I guess we would run into serious uniqueness violations once we start to
put user-chosen ids into the global id pool in which gtk-fixxref
operates. In works reasonably well for function and other API symbol
references only because these tend to be uniquely prefixed anyway.

Matthias