Re: [gtk-list] gzilla: feature request

On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, Andreas Kostyrka wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've been just wondering if it would be possible to fork() of resolver
> calls?
> I find it quite annoying when the browser hangs just because I'm offline
> and my local caching bind is slowly timeouting on all DNS servers.
> If gzilla would do the address resolution in a different process, than at
> least a STOP button could work :)

This has already been done, and is working in my current code tree. Ian
Main actually did the work.

Work on Gzilla is going very slowly these days because my wife and I just
bought a house and are presently packing in preparation for the move.
However, the move-in date is the 14th, so with luck, Gzilla development
should pick up after that.

It's nice to know, though, that are development priorities are in tune
with user desires!

Raph