Re: [gtk-list] text widget questions

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Leon Gierat wrote:

> Sorry to everyone if this is an anoying 'newbie question', but does anyone
> know the current state of the text widget? I've looked at the mail
> archives and it appears that josh has relinquished developement, but I
> don't seem to have seen anyone take it up. I only ask because I'm
> currently writing a gtk app (details when I'm a bit furthur in!) that
> requires some sort of editor window. I could just call an xterm with vi in
> it, but I'd like to make it a bit specific in terms of commands, and what
> the heck, whats wrong with a gui text editor :)

Heh:-)  Sorry 'bout the previous empty reply.. I hit ctrl-X instead
of ctrl-C :)

Anyway, I was just going to say that it was indeed relinquished, and to my
knowledge, no one has taken it up again.. though it seems to work to some
extent.  Somehow I have a copy of a program called 'ged' (GTK editor) that
uses this widget (by Hideki Fujimoto <hideki70@osk2.threewebnet.or.jp> -
sorry, no url in the package.)

If you're interested, let me know and I can send you a copy. (or you can
contact the author, he may have done more work on it since.)

Ian