Re: [gtk-list] Re: Boxed events

Owen Taylor <owt1@cornell.edu> writes:

> I think this is a real limitation of Marius's current description -
> it treats all structures as opaque objects. Which doesn't make sense
> for languages that actually have something like structures.

I think structures can have just as tricky semantics as functions.
GdkEvent might be a nice example.  It's really a discriminated union
and synthesizing it is probably tricly, too.

So I'm currently not trying to erect a framework for describing
structures.  That would probably lead right into a full-blown OO
system.  I think we already `dangerously near' enough to ILU to make
me finally start thinking about using ILU directly.

> But since it was indicated that better GDK support is underway for
> guile-gtk, perhaps this will change.

I'm not going to do such a thing in the near future, altho I'd like to
have it.