Re: GTK for Win32

On Tue, Jul 07, 1998 at 10:42:10AM +0930, O'CONNOR, Steve wrote:
> 1) Run an X Server on the windows client, and run the application on a
> Linux Box. A good (and cheap) K6-233 + 64MB linux box has the grunt to
> serve approx 10 XTerminals running a graphically intense data entry and
> reporting application. The only problem is finding a reasonably priced X
> Server.  (XVision is rubbish, and very $$$). When the Windows machine
> dies, there is no catastrophic effect on the application or data.

There is a free X server here: http://www.microimages.com/freestuf/mix/
It's reasonably priced and can be set up to running wholly from the linux
box.  I've used it for somethings, but I haven't tried GTK applications
yet.  I image they work fine.

By working "wholly" I mean that the window manger and all the apps can be
run from the linux box, making administration much easier (one place to
make the changes).

Of course, in return you should probably thank MicroImages profusely. :)

Ciao!