Re: [gtk-list] Re: An application repository on gtk.org??

On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Sergei Naumov wrote:

> >> That's right but there is a written statement there at the beginning of the
> >> page that says that the future additions are accepted if this addition is a
> >> GNOME app only.
> >I agree that setting up a repository for GTK+ based applications would
> >be a good idea... not everyone wants to use only GNOME.
>
> Ok then. I'm going to set it up on sunsite. I'll implement this as a simple
> browse/search mechanism based on MySQL.
>
> I'm open to suggestions on what features I should put in there.
>
> 	Sergei
> 	serge@astro.unc.edu

I think this is a wonderful idea and if you would like to put it on
www.gtk.org I think that would be wonderful as well.  If you decide
to put it on a different machine I can give you a gtk.org alias
(apps.gtk.org?) if you have the ability to configure that web server
properly.

I'd like the ability to register as the software maintainer and then
be able to control news and status attributes of your software.  Perhaps
even semi-automate the front page news of www.gtk.org.  (there would have
to be an approval section of the software then...)

Do up a working demo and lets work out the details then.

--
Shawn T. Amundson
amundson@gimp.org               http://www.gimp.org/~amundson

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking