gtk_grab_add()

Let me start off by saying that I have RTFM'd (the manual, the FAQ, the
mailing list archives and 2 days of list lurking) so please don't flame
me if the answer to this is carved in stone somewhere.

I want to create a modal window.  And when I say "modal", I mean I want
the user to have to answer the question before going on AND I want the
window to function like a scanf--wait for input before going on.

In other words (psuedo-code)

AboutToQuit()
{
   ok_to_quit = show_ok_to_quit_question_dialog();

   if(ok_to_quit)
      quit;
}

I've seen references to gtk_grab_add() but I'm not using it right (it
doesn't do anything).  Also, the instructions for using
gtk_grab_remove() are very vague (what does "after I destroy the window"
mean?)