Error installing gtk

Hi,

I've problem installing gtk.
When starting configure, it terminates with error:

checking for X... no
configure: error:
*** X libraries or include files not found. Check 'config.log' for
*** more details.

Looking at config.log looks like

configure:1915: X11/Intrinsic.h: No such file or directory
configure: failed program was:
#line 1914 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <X11/Intrinsic.h>
configure:1995: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS -Wall
 -DUSE_XIM   conftest.c -lXt  1>&5
configure: In function `main':
configure:1991: warning: implicit declaration of function `XtMall
oc'
ld: cannot open -lXt: No such file or directory
configure: failed program was:
#line 1988 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

int main() {
XtMalloc()
; return 0; }

It seems libXt is missing but but, a locate show me libXt.so.6.0 and the
link libXt.so.6.
Looking at the line 1915 in configure show me #include
$x_direct_test_include>

The faq dosn't help, Don't now what to do, any help well come

I'm using RedHat 4.2 with X.

Hilaire Fernandes
hilaire.fernandes@iname.com
http://members.xoom.com/FeYiLai