Re: Please save my life! :)

Paul Dlug wrote:
> Maybe someone out there can help, I've tried almost everything I can
> think of. I had gtk working beautifully for a long while, upgraded to
> gtk+1.1.2 and worked wonderfully also then I don't know what happened. I
> tried to install gnome, couldn't get it to work and got rid of it. Gtk
> then stopped working so ideleted all it's libs out of /usr/local/lib and
> reinstalled(btw all gnome libs are gone). No luck it's not working,
> recompiled reinstalled, unistalled and reinstalled a few times and it
> doesn't work. I can compile programs but when i run them the window
> displays and closes with the error: ** ERROR **: sigsegv caught. I know
> it's not the apps since they all worked before gtk went wacky on me. But
> I can't seem to fix this, if anyone could help me I'd really really
> appreciate it since I have alot of gtk programs and most of the programs
> I write for X use Gtk now so I desperatly need this working, thanks in
> advance.

I would strongly suggest you use a distribution where competent people
have already packaged the software you use.  Basically I would suggest
you give Debian GNU/Linux a try.  There are more than 400 maintainers
who work on some packages, knowing these very well and providing excellent
setup.  You'll find Gtk, Gnome and a bunch of Gtk- and Gnome- related
tools, both runtime and development versions.  I know that RedHad has
things packaged as well, you could try that one, too.  Personally I'm
very happy with Debian.

Regards,

	Joey

--
There are lies, statistics and benchmarks.