Re: [gtk-list] Re: please heeeeeeeelpp: gtk_window_position (.., GTK_WIN_POS_CENTER);

On Mon, Nov 02, 1998 at 10:06:32PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> As I reported some weeks ago, I was able to set GDK_HINT_MIN_SIZE and
> GDK_HINT_MAX_SIZE for a GdkWindow so that resizing showed the wished
> effect of resizing the pixmap in the window (that means _scaling_ it
> to fit the window).
>
> Using a GtkWindow the contents pixmap is displayed only partially when
> shrinking the window and ist displayed multiple times when enlarging
> the window.  Unfortunately nobody in this list and nobody in gtk-app-devel

You need to resize the pixmap yourself. GdkImlib may be useful to
do that: look at the test code.
Basically you connect to the configure_event, resize your image
according to the new width and height, and call
gdk_window_set_back_pixmap() again.

lupus

--
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
    - _The UNIX Programmer's Manual_, Second Edition, June, 1972.