Re: [gtk-list] Re: GtkToolbar

On Thu, Apr 01, 1999 at 09:45:37PM +0100, Damon Chaplin wrote:

> I agree that we need a few functions for manipulating items.
> (You can currently remove items with gtk_container_remove().)
>
> But we also want to move towards generic manipulation of widgets using
> objects & properties (Args in GTK+). I can't see an easy
> way of doing this without turning toolbar items into real widgets.
> How would you add/change a toolbar's items using Args?

i don't see a need to do that.  currently, it looks like all toolbar
items are already widgets (except for the case of a "space"), so you
should treat them as such.

> P.S. I should have also added 'position' to the list of properties
> (as a child property within a toolbar) so you can move items around.

the position is already implied: it is simply the position of the
toolbar child in the linked list (GList) of children.

regards,
--andy