Re: [gtk-list] how do you specify trough colors in gtkrc?

Michael J. Hammel writes:

> How can you specify the color of the troughs for vertical scrollbars using a
> gtkrc?  Preferrably a method that doesn't require the installation of the
> gtk-engines package.

While the way to do it in source code has already been posted, the
gtkrc way (since this seems to be what you're looking for) is
"bg[ACTIVE] = { red, green, blue }" in an appropriate style { ... }.
Even if you don't want to actually *use* engines, I reccomend
downloading Notif and Redmond95 just to read the included gtk RCs.

Note that to only affect scrollbars and not pressed buttons, notebook
tabs, etc, you can make another style (it can just be one line,
everything else will be inherited from other applicable styles) and
add it only to the GtkRange class. HTH.

--
"Perfection [in design] is achieved not when there is nothing left to
add, but rather when there is nothing left to take away."