Re: file globbing

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Evan Lawrence wrote:

>The gtk_pattern functions sound like what you're looking for -
>their function names and source can be found in gtkbindings.[ch], which,
>of course, is in the gtk+ package. There are also the g_completion
>functions in glib - function defs are in the glib.h file, and source is in
>gcompletion.c ... Hope this helps.

I've gone and looked at those files, but I can't really make heads or
tails of them.  For example, how am I to interpret the sample
matches/patterns listed in the GtkMatchType enum?  (The "*A?A*", "*A?AA",
etc.)

As much as I'd love to figure this stuff out on my own, I have a deadline
quickly approaching and need to concentrate my efforts elsewhere.  Can
someone please give a sample piece of code that simply prints the names of
the files matching "*.bar" in directory "./foo"?

Many thanks in advance.

Dan
/___ \____________/ __ \  | dkressin@acm.org                  |
    \  \    /      /  \ | | Lead Programmer/Analyst           |
 ___/ __\/\/rench_ \__/ | | University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh |
\____/            \____/  | www.mio.uwosh.edu/~kressd11/      |