setting cursor to a composite widget subwidget

Hi,

I have a widget of my own and a drawing area is one of it's part.
I've put all the construction in my_widget_init() function, and now
I want to set a special cursor to drawing area. So I need my drawing area
GdkWindow to be realized. I've tried to put corresponding code (cursor changing)
in my_widget_realize (and I've put "widget_class->map = gtk_mew_map" in
class_init function), but if I even try to create my own _releaze function
my widget, when it is shown obtain it's own window and this confuse me,
because I've created my widget as a VBox with some widget.

That do I do wrong?

Thanks,

--
Alexander Kotelnikov