Re: [gtk-list] GDK Warning: locale not supported?

pbg1854@garnet.acns.fsu.edu writes:

> Every time I start up a GTK+ app, I get this error:
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
>
> Does anyone know what causes this? I'm using the default en locale,
> and I haven't changed anything as far as locales go, anyways.

If you have a locale variable (LANG or LC_ALL) set to 'en', then you
are getting this error because 'en' is not a valid locale for
your C library. (For instance, in GNU libc, you need en_US or
en_GB (etc...), plain 'en' does not work).

Actually there is nothing GTK+ specific about this, GTK+ is
just noisier about failing to set the locale than most other
programs.

Regards,
                                        Owen