Re: [gtk-list] Re: Pausing durring widget creation...

Owen Taylor wrote:

> Well, if we knew what was causing the crash, hopefully we
> would have fixed it in a past version of GTK+ instead
> of adding the ability to work around it.
>
> So, while my guess is that if you connected to "size_allocate"
> on one of the widgets and reenabled your button there,
> it might fix the problem, I'd much prefer if you helped
> us to track down the problem.

I shall do my best :o)

>  - What warning messages do you get?

I have actually come across 3 different errors now...
1]
Gtk-CRITICAL **: file  gtkcontainer.c: line 730 (gtk_container_remove): assertion
`widget->parent == GTK_WIDGET(container)' failed.
(2 of them actually, as I remove 2 widgets)
Which I take to mean that I am trying to remove some widget from it's parent when
it has already been removed...this one happens pretty randomly after clicking on
the  button a ton of times.

2]
Is a standard gnome crash box w/o any warnings...circumstances are the same as
above.

3]
2 Gtk-Critical : gtk_container_remove's (same as above) followed by:
Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c line 1386 (gtk_widget_destroy): assertion
`GTK_OBJECT_CONSTRUCTED(widget)' failed.

#3 seems to be the most significant problem, and maybe all three are the same
problem, but that sometimes the crash is caught sooner or something...

>  - Where does the crash occur. (Can you run it in gdb
>    and get a backtrace)

I'm really pretty new to linux, and the only debugger I ever used in windows was
the one in VC6, and the one I wrote as part of a z80 emulator for the TI-86
calculator...

>  - Can you provide (a preferrably small) test case that
>    demonstrates the problem.

I'll see if I can whip up a nice little gtk app that has this problem...shouldnt
take more than like 15 minutes at the most.