Re: [gtk-list] searchable list archive?

On Wed, 03 May 2000 04:58:11 EDT, Kervin Pierre <kervin@kervin.net>  said:
> (ii) How do you subscribe someone else to this list?
>
> The list instructions say send a message with "subscribe" in the
> subject.  I tried "subscribe email-address", where "email-address" was a
> test email address. But that need not work.

For good reason.  Subscribing other people to lists is anti-social. ;)

For bonus points - why do some lists require a confirmation message before
they actually subscribe you?  (Yes, I *know* why - but if you understand
why they are needed, you will be well on the way to enlightenment ;)

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst