event compatibility gtk/gdk

For now i'm working on a project using gtk+ and gdk.
I've already implemented the interface of the menu
using gtk (buttons and other widgets). But now I've
add a window to visualize the image. When i try to fix
what event happens in the "image-window", it figures
that events from the menu and from the image are
found. How can I make the difference between events
produce in the image and events produce in the menu?
I thought about drawing the image in the same Widget
window as the menu (using another vertical box?). Is
that a good idea? Is that possible to include a
GdkWindow in a Widget window?
Thank you in advance