[mohamed: Re: Just one active window]

HI

you have to use gdk_widget_grab(your window)
and     gdk_pointer_grab (..);
this will grab all kind of mouse event to your window .

to make gtk stop the execution of the current code and wait until you
destroy your modal window, you have to start a new event loop
with : gtk_main ();
and don't forget to destroy it, in order to return to the parent process with :
gtk_main_quit();
take a  look to the event loop functions in the glib , once you
understand it it's easy to use it .

bye
mohamed

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 04:05:26PM -0300, Pedro Zorzenon Neto wrote:
> Hi list,
>
>   The program that I'm developing has some critical situations that I want it to show a message and the user will be able just to click on buttons in this message window. All other windows in this program can't get focus.
>
>   I'm doing like this:
>
>  GtkWidget *winmsg1;
>  winmsg1 = gtk_window_new (GTK_WINDOW_DIALOG);
>  ... ... ... set title, set buttons, ... ... ...
>  gtk_window_set_modal (GTK_WINDOW (winmsg1), TRUE);
>  gtk_grab_add(winmsg1);
>  gtk_widget_show (winmsg1);
>  printf("test\n");
>
>   Then winmsg1 is the active window, but if I click in other window, it get the focus.
>   How can I make the other windows do not respond and just winmsg1 active with focus?
>   I'd also like to stop program execution in the "gtk_widget_show (winmsg1);" line and continue after the user closed the winmsg1 window.
>
>     Thanks in advance,
>     Pedro

Sevenval AG  (HRB 32757)
ecommerce-base-technologies