Re: Source code widget

Check out the gtkscintilla widget for a more familiar interface to
scintilla.  Optionally, gnome-python bindings for gtkscintilla, called
pygtkscintilla may also be used to access this widget from python.
These are both provided by Michele Campeotto, along with the editor
"Moleskine", which is useful both as a source code editor and as an
excellent example of how to use the python bindings.  Below are some
relevant links.
Steve

http://www.moleskine.f2s.com/
http://www.moleskine.f2s.com/files/Moleskine-0.7.1.tar.gz