Re: Linux -> win32 cross-compile

On 2002.06.18 10:45 Robbert Haarman wrote:
> Well, I got good news and bad news. I got my hello.c to compile (mingw
> needs the libraries _after_ the object file, I had them before). That's
> the good news. The bad news is that running it under wine gives the
> following error:
>
> Gtk-ERROR **: Incompatible build!
> The code using GTK+ thinks GtkBox is of different
> size than it actually is in this build of GTK+.
> On Windows, this probably means that you have compiled
> your code with gcc without the -fnative-struct switch,
> or that you are using an unsupported compiler.
> aborting...
>
> I added the -fnative-struct switch, but to no avail. I haven't tested
> the program on a real Windows box yet (I don't have one), but it seems
> unlikely that it will work there. Any hints? I tried a Google search for
> the error, but that didn't get me any further. Anyway, I think I have
> gathered enough material for a mini-HOWTO now. :-/

The problem is almost certainly with -fnative-struct as the
error message says. Did you add -fnative-struct to the compile
flags and make sure that all modules were recompiled with that
flag?

--
Ali Harlow                              Email: ali avrc city ac uk
Research programmer                     Tel:   (020) 7040 4348