About installing GTK+

I want to install GTK.
And it says I need to install glib, atk etc first.
After I installed glib (using  ./configure --> make --> make install),
and want to install atk (using  ./configure --> make), it says:

*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
*** that the run-time linker is not finding GLIB or finding the wrong
*** version of GLIB. If it is not finding GLIB, you'll need to set your
*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point
*** to the installed location  Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if that
*** is required on your system
***
*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it, although
*** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH
configure: error:
*** GLIB 2.0.0 or better is required. The latest version of
*** GLIB is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/.

I would like to ask how to solve it? What are the required steps?
The components I install are most up-to-date and I am using RedHat 7.1
Thank you for answering!!

Hotmail Extra Storage讓你獲得10MB 額外儲存空間,請即申請! http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=zh-hk