Re: Window size

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 12:45, Don Dudley wrote:
> When I create a window with just a couple of items in
> it (menu bar, some labels, check boxes, etc), it packs
> down to a little tiny window during runtime, big
> enough only to show the items visible.
>
> I add and remove window objects depending on user
> selection, etc., and I'd like to keep the same overall
> window size regardless of how many objects are
> currently visible.
>
> How do I set packing so that the window has a minimum
> size, even if some of it may be blank?

You could set the initial size with gtk_window_set_default_size(),
that's probably the right thing to do. There are other things you can
play with like gtk_widget_set_size_request() but the problem with
overriding the size request is that it's not a minimum size to request,
it's a fixed size to request.

Havoc