Re: GtkEntry right aligned/justified (and Solution)

Steffen Gutmann wrote:

However, there are a few odd things when using this method:

1) text gets clipped at the right end. This is because there are additional borders at the left and right end which you didn't consider. This could be fixed though. 2) Mouse clicks still believe the entry is left aligned and you get a strange behavior. 3) When the text is larger than the allocation can hold, you get a strange behavior, too.

I think mouse handling can be fixed in top-level signal handlers, but all stuff cant be done without changing original code.

After all, I think, your solution is more like a 'hack' that needs more tuning for making it really work.

Sure, its a 'quick dirty hack'. Its possible to fix width (ignoring the fact that one size macro is defined in private file) and mouse handling from callbacks, but scrolling text correctly is not so easy...

   Olexiy