Re: problem starting Gtk Applications

On Monday 03 May 2004 05:40 pm, Michael L Torrie wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 03:05, Markus Jais wrote:
> > hi
> >
> > when I start for example gedit I get this error.
> > $ gedit
> > gedit: relocation error: /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol:
> > gdk_threads_lock
>
> Looks like gedit was compiled against a threaded version of the gtk
> libraries.  The ones you installed (and were installed on the system)
> are non-threaded.
>
> Either build GTK yourself overtop of the existing libraries (use the
> same version, configure with --prefix=/usr, and enable threads), or
> recompile your app against your existing system libraries.
>
> On the other hand, I could be way off base here.  Someone else may
> correct me.

thanks. but it didn't work.
I compiled glib with --enable-threads
and then recompiled gtk (there is not switch for threads here so I guess
they use glib).
but still it does not work.
when I run

nm /usr/local/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.400.0 |grep thre
I get
U gdk_threads_lock
U gdk_threads_unlock

so, still undefined.