gtk_window_set_decorated(x, FALSE)

Hi,

I've just downloaded and installed the pre-build GTK+ for windows Gtk-win32-2.8.8-rc2 from http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/

Now I experienced that I get a border on my window, eventhough I've set gtk_window_set_decorated(x, FALSE) for the window.

I also experienced that the transparent image that I had before, now got a black background.

In the previous 2.6.x that I used, the window had no border and the background was transparent as expected.

I've read the API document and I don't se that anything should have changed in this area from 2.6.x to 2.8.8

I've also searched the bug-tracker for bug-reports on 'decorated', but none seems to relate to this problem.

My program looks like this:

<cite>
   gtk_window_set_decorated(GTK_WINDOW (splash_screen), FALSE);

   /* Get the transparent image shape the window accordingly */
   visual = gdk_visual_get_system ();
   colormap = gdk_colormap_new(visual, TRUE);
pixmap = gdk_pixmap_colormap_create_from_xpm(NULL, colormap, &mask, NULL, file);

   /* Shape the window according to image */
   gtk_widget_shape_combine_mask(splash_screen, mask, 0, 0);
   image = gtk_image_new_from_pixmap (pixmap, NULL);
   gtk_widget_show (image);
   gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (splash_screen), image);
</cite>

Is it only me that has experienced this problem?
Or have I missed something in my code that has now been working without problems for 2-3 years now.

Best regards
Egon Andersen