Cairo usage

I have been trying to compile the simple “Drawing Straight Lines” example and get the following error:

In member function ‘virtual bool Clock:on_expose_event(GdkEventExpose*):

error: ‘class Gdk::Window’ has no member named ‘create_cairo_context’

I have tried installing the latest versions of everything. I am now running:

cairo-1.0.2

cairomm-0.5.0

glib-2.8.6

glibmm-2.8.4

gtk+-2.8.13

gtkmm-2.8.3

libsigc++-2.0.17

pango-1.10.4

I have looked in the file <gtkmm/drawingarea.h> and do not seem to see the create_cairo_context method. What am I missing? Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Steveb.

Dr. Stephen Balakirsky

Intelligent Systems Division