Re: file open dialog settings?

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 01:15:46PM +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-09-13 at 12:18 +0400, Stanislav Maslovski wrote:
> > Are there any user-level settings to the file open dialog
> > to make it faster on large directories?
>
> no. the goal is to make it faster, not provide options to unfuck
> applications doing stupid things.

Let me ask directly: is there anyone who is working in this direction now?
Should we form a kind of sponsoring commitee for such an individual? =)
Half-joking, but having such big companies as Google or Canonical around
that are willing to support free software this might certainly be helpful.

--
Stanislav